Blog Content Manager
May 12, 2021
Our new media company seeks an experienced writer to join our content team on a part time basis. We are looking for someone to produce unique and compelling blog posts that focus on the topical concerns of everyday Americans and longer-form thematic content on financial and lifestyle topics. The candidate’s primary job will be to blog directly with our company.
Desired qualifications are:
· Experience as a journalist, freelancer or active blogger on investing and personal finance topics.
· Knowledge of personal finance and related topics.
· Experience with web publishing or blogging is preferred. (Knowledge of Wordpress highly desired.)
· Active consumer of online financial/market news and views.
· A professional or academic record reflecting a love of language and editorial achievement.
· Very strong organizational, editorial and communication skills.
· Knowledge and passion for investing and financial markets.
· Understanding of social media and possession of social media accounts.
· Creative flair and willingness to experiment; flexibility amid changes in product direction.
· Patience with others joined with the ability to get things done collectively in a startup environment.
· Openness to feedback and/or constructive criticism.
To maintain continuity with the current editorial perspective of our new website, preference will be given to applicants who write from a free market, frugal, or business-oriented stand point.
Applicants with United States English as their first language are preferred.
(1) One or two paragraphs describing the reason for your interest;
(2) Links to your recent investment writing and web presence, if any;
(3) Your resume as an attachment -or- a link to your LinkedIn page only.
You are welcome to submit your details to:
(Submit no later than May 30th, 2021.)
Note: If you are a certified, preferred writer with an Exclusive RWJ profile status, submit a direct message to Fred, no later than May 18th, 2021 for priority/immediate consideration.
Competitive hourly and per-word compensation.
Part-time workflow with a 6-month renewable contract.
Work from anywhere with flexible deadlines and a super-friendly team.
U.S. based media company with 15 years of experience.