Curriculum Writer II
Dec 30, 2020
Remote, US Only
Our open position involves curriculum writing and lesson plan development, facilitating all program curriculum, integration of technology, teaching strategies, implementation of 21st Century Essential Skills, and other cross-curricular collaboration efforts as directed by the Senior Manager - Education.
The Curriculum Writer II supports the educational efforts of our science foundation based in the United States, partners across the country and around the world.
This position also supports all educational initiatives that arise out of the continued development and implementation of our educational mission.
In coordination with the Senior Manager - Education and the team of Science Ed. Specialists, create and teach curriculum (virtually) for our Junior and Senior Home Study Programs.
Assume responsibility of coordinating educational partnerships or programs as directed by the Senior Manager - Education, which may include:
• Developing curriculum;
• Partnering with our science teams in developing logistics for educational programs;
• Maintaining relationships with educational partners through virtual meetings.
The following briefly describes the knowledge, skills, abilities, and characteristics associated with this position, including any required experience, education, licensure, certification, or combination thereof:
• A four-year degree in education or a related field;
• Proven experience in STEAM-related curriculum development;
• Efficient at using Microsoft Office Suite programs and other educational technology for the purposes of lesson plan development and implementation;
• Working understanding of technology for the purposes of videoconferencing with teachers and students around the world, as well as video recording for various virtual programs;
• Strong time management skills. Organized and effective in managing multiple competing priorities.
• Forward-thinking, cross-departmental collaboration, innovative;
• Strong oral and written communication skills to compose written items for publication while conforming to the prescribed style and format used at our company;
• Comfortable and effective in presenting information to top management, media, corporate partners, and public groups;
• Effective at relationship building and good interpersonal skills;
• Possesses a thorough understanding of the Next Generation Science Standards and 21st Century Essential Skills, and able to implement into curriculum development;
• Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and implement, as directed;
• Self-disciplined, a self-starter, and flexible in adapting to changing schedules and deadlines;
• Regardless of scope, willing and able to attend to all the details of a project, and results-driven.
| Submit application of interest by January 19th, 2021 for considerations. |
$50,000 USD Annually
The Science Ed Foundation develops and facilitates curriculum and programs that support Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM) education.
Remote, US Only