Enterprise Tech Writers
Apr 14, 2021
We are looking for TECHNOLOGY INDUSTRY WRITERS to add to our pool of writers who cover theCUBE web/video broadcasts from the comfort of their own home. Most of the video segments will be covered non-live and with the aid of a transcript, although we do need live coverage occasionally, which means taking notes during the live interview and writing the article within a couple of hours from the end of the live broadcast.
This job requires a keen understanding of the legacy tech industry, a general understanding of enterprise IT architecture, and an interest in the world of cloud computing.
(We only require minimal research on video segment summaries because we provide detailed talking points and helpful citation links. Plus, we have a transcription tool on our YouTube videos to assist in verifying direct quotes, etc. We strive to make the writing process as easy for you as possible!)
• Part-time work with our broadcast company.
• On-call format requiring non-live note-taking from YouTube videos, as well as occasional live note-taking during live segments.
• Word count for most articles: 300+ words ($30 paid); 500+ words ($50 paid). We also occasionally assign feature articles at higher rates.
• Along with each assignment, you may be asked to create 2 social media posts about the segment ($15 paid) and 2 short video clips ($10 paid) from the segment using our video clipping tool. (Note: The social media post drafts are for us to post from our own business accounts.)
• We provide talking points and research citations (links) for each article to help contextualize the topics of enterprise IT.
• Enterprise Technology Industry: 3 years
• Hours of work vary weekly depending on number of events.
• Fully conceptualized articles based on guest interviews.
• Example of 300+ word article: https://siliconangle.com/2020/08/28/cisco-and-cci-systems-team-up-to-expand-customer-use-of-network-orchestration-tool-cubeconversations/
• Example of 500+ word article: https://siliconangle.com/2020/08/26/abstracting-kubernetes-open-source-community-shifts-focus-infrastructure-service-googlecloudnext/
• Remote interview process
• Virtual meetings
• $30 per article / $50 per article / + additional social media pay as described above;
• Some feature rates possible depending on proven performance.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $30.00 per hour
• Monday to Friday
• On call
TheCUBE is the leading live interview web show covering enterprise technology and innovation.