Lead Proposal Writer
Remote, US only
Our firm will be hiring a second Lead Proposal Writer by mid-December, in preparation for the 1st quarter. The right candidate must possess more than 5 years of proposal writing experience and able to work remotely.
What the Right Candidate Values:
Teamwork – you believe teams are essential for promoting success and growth.
Leadership – you value leadership and the structure it provides in order to facilitate efficiency.
Goals – you strive to achieve goals and to ensure success and growth.
People – you value people, including yourself, and strongly believe in the power of maintaining healthy relationships.
The Lead Proposal Writer is responsible for leading and managing the proposal development process in response to U.S. government RFPs, RFQs, and RFIs.
• Manage the proposal process to include content design, development, and review.
• Review and analyze draft and final RFPs and related documents and develop compliant proposal outline and responses.
• Develop detailed proposal schedule and ensure adherence to all deadlines.
• Prepare all supporting proposal development documentation (outline, page allocation, team assignments, proposal management plan, schedule, kick-off meeting materials, writing templates, data calls).
• Ensure configuration control of all proposal files, forms, graphics, drafts, reviewer comments, and approvals.
• Participate in the development and review of proposal strategies and themes and develop a Proposal Management Plan.
• Participate and/or lead Blue, Pink, Red, and Gold Team reviews.
• Ensure high-quality content and appearance of the final proposal product and the on-time delivery of the proposal.
• Understanding company service offerings, experience, and capabilities.
• Coordinate the use of all outside proposal resources/consultants, to ensure timely, cost effective support.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related discipline required.
• 5 +years of experience required in a proposal development for a Federal government contractor, including at least 3 years as a proposal manager.
• Experience should include leading proposal volumes; researching, writing, and editing compliant proposal content; and participation in color reviews.
• General knowledge of Government contract types (IDIQ, FFP, T&M, CPFF), and technical proposals for the Department of Defense and other Federal customers. Basic understanding of Federal government procurement policies and practices.
• Demonstrated experience using established industry methodologies such as Shipley to managing the proposal development process.
• Solid performance in organizing and motivating small and large diverse teams to come together as one in the pursuit of winning.
• Excellent research skills and the ability to effectively gather information needed from files, team members, and senior staff members through interviewing techniques.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and adjust to changing priorities.
• Must be willing to work outside of normal working hours to meet customer-driven, firm deadlines if needed.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Remote Work Setting and Environment:
Normal business hours are Monday - Friday.
• Our firm provides a competitive package of salary and benefits, including medical, dental, and vision coverage;
• A matching 401(k) program;
• Generous Paid Time Off (PTO);
• STD, LTD;
• Life insurance.
FWP is a firm with over 20 years of success within the government proposal development and business management sector.
Remote, US only