LegiStorm has an immediate opening for a highly motivated and energetic Investigative Data Researcher.
You will be a key member of our data team, performing research on a wide range of matters concerning Capitol Hill, including congressional financial disclosures, lobbying, the revolving door with K Street, campaign finance, private travel and more.
· Strong research skills, with 3 years minimum work experience
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
· Highly intellectual – tight logical-reasoning skills and an ability to understand complex situations is a must
· Penchant for skepticism – always questioning data and seeking out issues to research
· Enterprising work ethic – can work independently and doesn’t wait to be told to do something
· Proven ability to triage priorities in a fast-moving environment -- always seeking to maximize efficiency, speed and accuracy
· Strong writing skills a plus.
This is a work-from-home position. You must have a quiet, professional-sounding work space with a reliable internet connection.
100% employer-paid health insurance after 60 days. 2 weeks annual leave, 1 week sick leave, holidays.
LegiStorm is a growing and much-heralded authority that is cited frequently by top media outlets and known among insiders as a high-quality source of information about Congress. We specialize in making difficult and messy data sets crystal-clear before making them available online with an accuracy, timeliness and comprehensiveness that is unmatched by others. We achieve this through a combination of skilled research, highly efficient processes and a deep integration of technology at every possible step.
Check us out at www.legistorm.com.
Email a formal cover letter which specifies how you meet or exceed the requirements above, your salary requirements, and your resume, to email@example.com. Resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed. No calls. LegiStorm is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information, please visit: