MDI seeks Proofreaders and Quality Analysts to support one of their flagship clients.
What We Seek
We need a Proofreader who keenly observes content and possesses exquisite attention to detail. You are
eager to become a key part of the team, working closely with the studio, copywriters and account managers (remotely) to ensure quality and consistency across all output.
The successful US-based candidate will become a brand guardian to ensure the highest quality and consistency for our client.
You will need to have a keen eye for:
- Consistency of messaging
- Ensuring all necessary legal T&C's are included and referenced correctly
- Trademarks, registered symbols, logos, and addresses are correctly applied
This role will work on a range of materials including brochures, letters, press ads, with some emails and digital assets. Proofreader must be eligible to work in the United States. We cannot offer sponsorship at this time for international candidates.
• The role supports the Studio in all its print and digital production materials to ensure that the final product is error free and on brand.
• BA Degree (English or Writing preferable)
• 2+ years in copy editing
• 2-3 years of experience as a Quality Analyst highly preferred
• Customer service skills, experience working in a role that works with different agency teams (such as Creative, Accounts, etc.)
• Written and interpersonal skills, prior experience working remotely as part of Creative Departments or teams–someone used to the flow of work at a remote agency
• Highly organized, able to manage multiple projects at one time
• Must be able to work independently (remotely within the U.S.)
• Acute attention to detail
• Keen knowledge of grammar
• Ability to prioritize workload.
• Work closely with the Account Managers/Production team to ensure that jobs are completed in a timely manner;
• Keep project on track during the transition into different shifts, being aware of final due dates on projects.
Perform all quality control for the Studio which includes but is not limited to ensuring the following:
• All final deliverables are of perfect quality.
• All files pass control specifications set by us for the specification set by the publication/printer.
• Overprints are set correctly by having separations run as and when needed.
• Checking to see if job done by studio meets the exact brief given.
• Helping Account Managers/production team to ensure that all files are of a suitable quality to work with at the start of the campaign or project.
• Monitoring the quality of all work produced in studio.
• Provide support to the Studio Manager in keeping a log of mistakes and help devise ways to stop the errors in future.
• Making sure all operators file and name work correctly including the artists adhere to the appropriate workflows for any particular project. • Ability to mark-up materials digitally
The Proofreader / Copy Editor is usually client specific, but can work cross brand during high volume days.
They must be able to:
• Check all material types produced for specific brands.
• Work with the teams to ensure all marketing materials are on brief and follow brand guidelines.
• Coordinate with the Language department for materials to be translated.
• When necessary, write copy points for the promotional materials.
• Constant communication with the account management teams.
POSITION TITLE: Proofreader/ Quality Analyst