Apr 20, 2021
We're expanding our writing team. Are you an experienced habitat and environmental writer with a passion for journalism, sustainability, and truth?
Our sustainability campaign publishes positive stories about people, businesses, and organizations that are eco-friendly and conscious about what negatively impacts the environment around them . Our stories and articles are published online via social media, through our app, and within newsletters in rural communities to help distribute awareness.
Must have at least 3 years of targeted sustainability/environmental impact experience and direct samples of your published work is required.
Education is not a requirement. We're most interested in your years of experience and proof of previous performance in sustainability/environmental impact writing skills with former/current projects.
No resume/CV needed. Simply provide us with links to published work and professional references, in order to be considered.
Writing and Skill Requirements:
• Skills to create well-written, error-free articles on deadline
• Ability to professionally interview and interface with business owners
• Interest in writing feature business articles on specific sustainability topics
• Reliability and consistency
• Strong self-motivation skills
• Ability to take quality visually appealing photographs during interviews to submit with articles
• Initiative to pitch story ideas on a monthly basis
• Fluent usage of basic technology – email, word processing, and internet research
• A sincere passion for sustainability, green footprint, socio-economic advantages, and the latest environmental news.
** PLEASE NOTE: must have at least 3 years of experience within the sustainability industry and published work (with a previous organization, sustainability project, or business blog) to help support your skill level/abilities.
** If selected for an interview, candidate must be available for a Zoom meeting call. If hired, candidate must be available for a 2-hour paid-training session. Scheduling is very flexible, if selected.
• $350-600 USD per article;
• Compensation is based on word count, research time, and creativity skills;
• 2-4 articles per month required;
• Very flexible schedule and realistic deadlines provided.
FREELANCE WORK (ANYWHERE):
This is a freelance writing opportunity for an ongoing digital campaign. Work from home (anywhere).
PERMANENT EMPLOYMENT (US ONLY):
Permanent employment may be offered after a 3-month evaluation to US residents/citizens who already have US work permits. We are unable to sponsor international freelance writers at this time (for permanent employment).
Sustainable Life (SLAT)